Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks (and Non-Thanks).

Obviously, it's Thanksgiving today -- and I'm by no means above doing a (political) "thanks" and "no thanks" of 2009 list.



I think that, when some things -- like health care -- aren't going as well as you'd hoped, it's important to remember what has gone well so far in this administration, so that you do not become so bogged down in your own cynicism of a progressive government that you give up on the power of grassroots organizing and, more specifically, one individual's ability to change the trajectory of this country for the better.

I am thankful for Obama doing the following things:
Some more general things I am thankful for:
With all that being said, we didn't have that bad of a 10 months, but it's also obviously just as important to remember the things that you're not thankful for in office -- as to not become a yes-man, head-nodding, blindly-follow-along politico.

I am not thankful for Obama doing the following things:
Some more general things I am not thankful for: 
I'm sure there's plenty more to be thankful or non-thankful for, but that's what I could come up with off the top of my head in this very quick amount of time. Anything I'm missing?

Enjoy your day of gluttony!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Q. How come Tony Iannelli hardly ever discuses "Business" on his TV show Business Matters and why would Tony invite Nazareth hate blogger Bernie O'Hare onto his 11/30 show on racism? O'Hare was disbarred for sabotaging his own African American client's civil rights litigation against Bethlehem Steel and I understand Tony knew this fact before (and after) booking O'Hare on the show. What's up w/ this?